Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Tunage #17


Its all remix’s and reworks this week.

Cut Copy – We Are Explorers (Larry Gus Remix)

It’s no secret I have warm fuzzy feelings for all things Cut Copy, a bit meh’d from their previous outing but their backlog still holds ground in me hearts of hearts. Of course I welcome remix’s from their latest material hoping to find a good substitute than original, eek, though the original of We Are Explorers aint that bad. I did my homework with Greek boy Larry Gus and what I got was a bunch of sounds mushed together which actually sound good kind of Mathew Herbert stoned I guess. He nailed this remix, yes he did. 


Anoraak – Behind Your Shades (rework)

Anything out of The Valerie Collective stable is automatically slotted in good books for me, interesting how they reworked their own song, its cool how they decide; “hey, lets make like a parallel universe version” or something like that.. 



Cajmere – Brighter Days (Cassian Rework)

Cassian the maker of this beautiful piece of work a looong time ago, has given me a present actually two, not only this really house infused banger but upon further discovery I swam in the awesomeness of the original. Check it out.



Lana Del Rey - Blue Velvet (Lindstrøm Remix)

Because I feel I have been neglecting my Lana fix coupled with the strøm, its a winner!



Lucy Pearl – Dance Tonight (Soulpersona Remix)

Ending on a smooth chilled note we have Soulperson doing his Lucy Pearl thang, found this during my RnB Me post, haven’t stopped listening to it since.

No comments:

Post a Comment