Friday, September 3, 2010

Stan da Man

So I recently discovered a logo comp taking place, the brief: create a logo for the Stan Lee Foundation!!! In case you've been living under a rock since you were half egg half sperm, Stan Lee is the man who created X-Men, Hulk, Spider-Man etc, basically my real Super Hero. I stopped everything I was doing(nothing) and put together something.

The idea behind it was to change this:


into this

Option 1:


Option 2:

The concept behind my logo is basic, I used font stemming from Letterpress and brought it together to form a shape of a book, the dot between the Stan and Lee is a nudge to the old way comics were printed, I used bright colours just to created the vibrant feeling art and literacy should give you.

I know that its a one in a million chance but at least I tried yo.
check out the rest of the entries here.
and if you actually care about stuff, other than watching oranges fart out their mouths in Jersey Shore, see what the Stan Lee Foundation is all about here

wish me luck!!

*************UPDATE****************
I tweeked with it a bit and added the departments in which they deal with.

Option 1:


Option 2:

1 comment: