Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday Tunage #81



LION BABE - Piece Of My Heart (Janis Joplin cover)


So nothing can replace the original but this update by duo Lion Babe comes pretty close, with smooth vibes and sultry vocals this version takes us on a rnb trip.





Here We Go Magic - "Dancing World"

For some reason this reminds me of some other band just can't put my finger on it, almost like a Sébastien Tellier meets The Beatles I think, anyway, this outing by the New Yorkers is a super chilled track, perfect for lounging in the sun or looking out a rainy window.





Death Cab for Cutie - The Ghosts of Beverly Drive (Tycho Remix)

This truly is a match made in electronic heaven, the soothing Paul Simon-like vocals of Ben Gibbard against the backdrop of Tycho's mesmerising melodies, flows this into dream territory.





DIIV // Dopamine

DIIV are back and after getting a sneak hear of their new stuff at Field Day earlier this year, I can with excitement say that I am looking forward to their new album. Dopamine, being their first track gives us the DIIV sound we all know and dig, curious to see if they have pulled anything new with their other material.





Straight Up - Ed Wizard & Disco Double Dee

Pretty much a dance free Sunday Tunage this week, I promise some next week will change that, but for now lets get some soul and a bit of beat to take us out.





Be sure to check out my stuff on Society6  for USA and now Art Rookie for the UK, (waiting to get approval for some of them to get on site). I just completed a new piece, which I hear looks great on a cushion, thats what I hear, not making it up I swear...






No comments:

Post a Comment